“The first attempt to set up a museum in Fier is related to the renowned archeologist Leon Rei in 1936. This museum would be archaeological, with objects discovered during excavations in the ancient city of Apollonia, but it was not realized. The establishment of the museum became reality only after liberation. As a first step he served an exhibition of the fauna and flora of the district, as well as an exhibition of the Anti-Fascist National Liberation War with photographs, documents, memoirs, martyrs objects, etc., exhibited in a two-room facility in a building near the former, tourism. In 1951, the museum moved to the “”Liri”” neighborhood, in an environment of three rooms, one of which was for LANÇ, one for ethnography, the other for fauna and flora and the corridor for archaeological sites. A second relocation was carried out in 1953, where the museum was housed in a two-storey building, today the “”Apolonia”” quarters.
Since July 18, 1978, the historic museum was located in the two-story building that is still in the “”Kastriot”” neighborhood. Professor Neritan Ceka worked for his establishment; Myzafer Korkuti, archaeologist; prof. Paskal Milo, historian; dr. Iljaz Gogaj, historian; Kleanthi Dedej, scholar; painter Vilson Kilica; architect Mauricio Bega and others. In its composition, the museum has the archeology pavilion, where over 70% are original artifacts; the pavilion before and after the declaration of independence until 1939 and the ethnographic exhibit (featuring treasury outfits and objects of daily use of clay, iron, juniper, wood etc.). It has a rich archive fund of memories, historical events and dates for LANÇ, historical studies, martyrs ‘and heroes’ artifacts, veterans, medieval weapons, Renaissance, First and Second World War, as well as a rich phototape and movie .”